About Sterling & Wilson
Established in 1927, Sterling & Wilson group is an associate of the Shapoorji Pallonji & Company. Being India’s premier electrical contracting organization, today the company has evolved as the country’s leading turnkey MEP (Mechanical Electrical & Public Health and safety) service provider with a varied range of solutions, from HV (High Voltage) & LV (Low Voltage) Electrical Systems, HVAC (Heating, Ventilating and Air conditioning), Plumbing, Fire Fighting, Fire Alarm, Security Systems, Structured Data Cabling, Integrated Building Management Systems, EPC, Diesel Generator & Control Panels manufacturing.
New business initiatives, over the last 10 years, has been a catalyst for Sterling & Wilson’s growth as a Rs.1400 cr organization with its pan India presence (17 branch offices ) and 2100+ employees.
- In 2004, the HVAC business was set-up. Today Sterling & Wilson is among the top 3 HVAC organizations in India.
- In 2006, a state of the art Diesel Generator & LT Panel manufacturing plant at Silvasa was established. Sterling & Wilson has moved to being the country’s 2nd largest player in DG ratings above 1000KVA & have earned a distinction of being the largest buyers of MTU engines across Asia.
- Year 2007 saw the commencement of Public Health & Safety business vertical to establish Sterling & Wilson as a complete MEP service organization
- Also in 2007, Rural Electrification ( 11/33kV Transmission & distribution ) business vertical was initiated. In a short span of 2 years we have given power to many Homes and are in the process of electrifying homes even in the remotest villages.
- 2009, saw the initiation of the EPC business vertical. We now have a team that is capable of handling EPC projects for Power Plants & Metals Industry.
- In 2009, PSC Engineers who have been in the business of executing substations for the past 28 years up to 220kv was acquired by S&W. With this acquisition S&W now has the experience to handle projects up to 400 kv.
- During the same year, a new business vertical was set-up for Gas Based Distributed Power Generation. With tie ups with MTU, Perkins & Kawasaki, Sterling and Wilson will be offering clients a very large range of gas based power solutions.
In a history that spans over 83 years, Sterling & Wilson has been associated with almost every large business group in the country and handled projects in every sector, from airports to banks, corporate offices, factories, hotels, hospitals, information technology, automobile industry and retailing. In the last decade, the company has completed over 3000 projects.
Driven by a team of high-caliber professionals involved in integrated planning, quality approach, unmatched contracting experience and an unconditional support system , make Sterling and Wilson the ideal partner for clients seeking any MEP services.
Company’s unwavering commitment to excellence is shown by the repeat business contracts from its clients. Some of the high profile clientele include the TATA Group, Hindustan Lever Group, Bharti Aitel, Ranbaxy Laboratories, IBM, Cisco, BMW, Volkswagen, PVR and Shoppers Stop.
The company has interests in the Middle East and African markets, where it is expanding its presence further along with setting up various associations with local firms.
Sterling Generators have tied up with Siemens for HT Panel Manufacture.